mercredi 10 septembre 2014

Famous Failures


This video gives us so many examples of the humble beginnings of people we know to be successful. There are lots of kids who say, "What's the point of trying? I'm going to fail anyway." or "Why bother? I'll never make it to the NHL." They may be right, but there are tons of NHL players who would never have made it without trying (and failing a whole lot during the process).

Samuel Beckett once said, "Ever tried? Ever failed? No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." This quote inspires me and reminds me that I am not perfect and in order to get better at anything, I have to be willing to fail and learn from my failures, just as many of the famous people in this video once did.


We often think of our heroes being perfect. Well, the truth of the matter is that they were not born that way. They have had many things to learn along the way and failure is a big part of learning. This also makes me think of the importance of CHALLENGE in my life. If things are too easy, we lose interest. We need them to be a little more difficult than we can handle so that the effort gets us to learn something new and to be better and better at what we are striving to learn.

I am anxious to hear what you have to say about these videos and please feel free to leave your comments in the comment section of my blog as well.

0 commentaires: